Saturday 10 April 2010

Enterprise Evaluation

Enterprise has been a strange module for me. The marketing mix in particular I found very hard to apply to myself at the beginning of the module. However, when it came to writing the business plan I realised it's importance. I now see things such as SWOT and PEST as a starting point for things that I need to be looking at so that I can understand how my potential business can fit into the market, and how things may effect the success of the business. At the beginning of this module I didn't realise how much preparation starting a business would take. If I'm honest, I thought that I could just deal with things as I needed to. I now realise that this might work for 1 in 1000 people but rather than risk the chances it's better to be prepared and know yourself the importance of your business and how to market it.

I don't believe that after my third year I will be anywhere near confident or comfortable enough starting my own business. For me personally, it seems like a more appropriate option to aim for employment and learn about the industry in detail before I try to compete against those who already have the expertise and clients.

Gaining employment would hopefully give me knowledge about the industry and coupled with what I have learnt throughout this module, I think I would have quite a good starting point to setting up on my own.

I do think that it would have been useful to start the business plan at the beginning of the module, so that as we learnt about the marketing mix we could apply it to our theoretical businesses. For me this would have made the business plan more enjoyable and more like a plan in progress rather than something I left til the end and didn't enjoy doing.

6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas(5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor)Attendance: 4 Punctuality: 5, Motivation: 2, Commitment: 2, Quantity of work produced: 2 , Quality of work produced: 4, Contribution to the group: 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment