Thursday 17 June 2010

Meeting at Nick Bell Design - Portfolio Feedback

Portfolio Feedback

- I should have a page for the icons I designed for NHM, this way I can make them bigger and people will be able to see the detail. It also means that the thin strokes won't be a problem with the printer bleeding.
- It's useful to bring mock ups of work with the portfolio, such as the information leaflets, the map and the 2-tone packaging. When things have a tactile quality or the folding is important to the function of the design, it's a good idea to bring it with you. This also gives people an idea of scale.
- With the Blu Tack boards I should show lots of options with the grids, since the point of them is that they can be used to do all sorts of things, I should show lots of outcomes. Also If I have photos of people using them, include them because it shows the process.

There's a couple of things I want to change myself
- I want the images to be printed brighter, they came out a lot darker than I was hoping, and also not as sharp.
- I need to change the writing on the packaging page
- Possibly include one of the illustrations of the inventions for Ted Baker, as it would make it easier to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment