Saturday 11 September 2010

Some of the things I've been looking at over summer:

Over the summer I've built up a collection of images that I find quite interesting and things that may inspire my briefs for next year, here's a selection of some of the things I've been looking at.






Playful use of pictograms, adding some sort of personality/charisma to something that is usually seen as inanimate and standardised.



This, I thought was really clever. I've sat a couple of times trying to work out how many times it is able to display. I like that the normal format for a clock has been completely stripped and although still shown in a very mechanical and digital way, the language used is more human. I begin to think that it's not just a clock and that the clock is actually responding to something.



The way this makes use of floors and walls serves as a reminder to me the possibilities in design. Visually this piece is very beautiful, although the message is unclear.



I'm not sure if this has any relevance to anything I'm interested in design wise, but it's just really interesting to see the anatomy of a snail. Something that on the surface looks like a very simple organism but clearly is understated.

No comments:

Post a Comment