Friday 24 September 2010

Wants/Not wants and why

This year I would like to:

- collaborate with an interior design/architecture student so that I can explore more the relationship between graphic design and space
- develop my image skills in the context of delivering information to improve in clarity of communication
- use the briefs as an opportunity to learn about things I am interested in so that my portfolio is a reflection of my interests and also ties in things i want to learn anyway. This will help to make sure I am enjoying the work I'm doing.
- Base my design practice around informing people because I want to use my design skills in a way that helps others
- Design for a range of audiences within one brief so I can see how much this affects design
- Be more confident with type and layout so I don't feel restricted in what I can produce
- Look more at contextual references, within design and within the culture sector, as this will inform my design and make it more suitable for industry
- Identify studios that I'm interested in and visit them so I have some useful contacts when looking for employment

I don't want to:

- Produce work that aims to persuade people or change their opinion, as I don't feel comfortable in doing this
- Focus on layout/typography for publishing
- Do a branding/logo design brief
- Go into depth with investigating print methods
- Do overly commercial work
- Do ethically driven work

No comments:

Post a Comment